Naughty Corner  

Spanking nostalgia including artwork, discussion, fiction, roleplay, and more.

Go Back   Naughty Corner > The Study > Spanking Talk
Arcade Chat Gallery Graffiti Wall Related Links

Notices

Old 12-17-2010
Newbie Poster

Zanafarr is on a distinguished road
Default Spanked growing up in the UK

I'm interested in talking with other people who grew up or live in the UK about their experiences with spanking.

It's such a different environment from when I was a kid. As a kid, I wasn't spanked a lot, but occasionally, until around the early to mid 90s. It may be because I was outgrowing it at that time, but I think there was something of a cultural change around about then, too.

See, when I was a kid, getting 'smacked' was something that although you'd certainly want to avoid, was something I pretty much considered part of everyone's life. You were aware of it, talked about it; it even occurred quite regularly in kids comics like the Beano.

Then it all just kinda dropped away. It's not mentioned any more, and certainly doesn't seem to appear in comics anymore. Does that mean it doesn't exist anymore? Certainly not. But there's a different cultural attitude about it. Parents don't mention it in public anymore, it's much more hush-hush.

From my personal memories, I remember a friend of mine when I was 9. We were getting up to some vague form of mischief I can't quite recall, but I vividly remember his mother marching him back home with the warning that she was 'going to leather you' when they got home. I remember that because it's such an evocative term (brings to mind the tactile leather of the belt so vividly), but also because at the time it was still something you were aware of.

Who else here has similar experience of this change in cultural taboo here in the UK? Did it change how you were spanked (if you were)?
Old 12-18-2010
Exalted Poster
Author

roguebfl is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Arcade Tournament Champion 
Total Awards: 1

Didn't Blair open say on TV that he spanked his kids?
Old 12-18-2010
Post-a-holic

Star_Girl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
Didn't Blair open say on TV that he spanked his kids?
Yeah but then he back tracked and said it was once and very gently! Dude never could give a straight answer!
Old 12-18-2010
Post-a-holic

Star_Girl is on a distinguished road

Yeah I guess, I'm only 21 so by the time I was actively aware of spanking it had already pretty much died out in pop-culture references, but I don't know about parents refusing to mention it in public!
I used to work in a clothes store and I lost count of the times stressed mothers would lean out of a changing room and threaten to spank there little boy or girl if they didn't leave the curtain alone! lol
Old 12-26-2010
Active Poster

davelo is on a distinguished road
Default re spanking in uk

As a kid I cannot really say that I was just spanked, you see my mother and step father were naver able to distinguish beetween what might have been considered an acceptable level of discipline, and an all out beating, which was not just confined to my backside, that I may have been able to accept,

I was dragged from the security of a stable home environment, when my mother fell pregnant to a bloke she had been having an affare with, he was younger than her, and became ( Although I could never relate to him as such ) my step father.

He was horrible, a sadistic bully, well as far as I was concerned he was, he was ok with my younger sister who at the time was aroound three or four years old, and of course when my step brother arrived on the scene, well he couldn't get enough of him, then things got even worse for me, I had become even more of a thorne in his side.

I was around eight years old when it all started to go wrong, you see I had been a mistake and shouldn't have come along when I had, and although my mother was always quick to let me know it she had never been really nasty, because my gran and grandad only lived a few doors away and they loved me unconditionally, there gone now and there is never a day goes by when I don't think about them without them in my young life I would have probably died sounds dramatic, but I do really belive it.

My step father knew that if he ever went to far and I managed to get to my grans to tell her, that my grandad, who by the way dispite his age, was a marshal arts master and taught in a local academy, and had a body on him like Bruce lee, would have gone around there and basically made mince meat of him.

Within a couple of months of them being together, they decided to up sticks and move out of the area, which for me was a disaster, as the only way I could get to my gran and grandads would be on two busses.

Due to all what was going on I started wetting the bed again, for the first week or so of this happening, I would be woken with a slap or two, it didn't matter where they landed, then I would be dragged out of bed, and I would stand there and watch as the wet sheets were pulled of and more often than not I would end up having them thrown at me, and I'd just have to try and clover my ears with my hands while she was sceeming abuse ( Which I will not repeat here ) but I'm sure you get the picture.

When I came home from school I would then get even more verbal abuse from him, by now my sister had started in the bottom school, and told her to let all the kids in school know that her big brother still wet the bed, as a kid of her years she would never have know what she had become party to, my sister lives around the corner from us now and we love each other to bits.

As I say, he was horrible but my mother was so taken in by him that she just went along with everything he said or did, it was at his suggestion that I was put back in nappies at nine, nearly ten years of old, I came home from school one night and there they were folded on the table, now some people have commented on these and other forums that they cannot belive that you could just go and get baby style plastic pants to fit a child of those years, well I'll disperse that myth right now, YES YOU COULD, I know because not only was there a stack of folded nappies but lying there right on the top of them were two pairs of frosted plastic pants along with a card of nappy pins.

The reason I knew right away what these were not towels, was because the threat of nappies had already been made, within a few moments of getting through the door, I ended up in a scuffle with her my mother, I was determined that those nappies were not going on me, but before I knew it there I was standing in front of her battered brused and broken wearing a thick nappy and baby pants.

When he got in from work the shaming started all over again, and I was informed that from then on I would be put in my baby nappies as soon as I got in from school, and at weekends I would stay in them until one of them decided to take it off me which usually meant a whole morning playing down stairs in a wet nappy, If I needed to do more than wet that was a disaster as I had no choice but to go into their room and beg to have my nappy taken off, but that always resulted in another beating. By now most of the kids in our school ( Or it felt like most of em ) knew that I was still in nappies because he made sure that my little sister told as many people as possible.

This is only a fraction of my childhood, I,m actually writing a book just now one day I might even finish it.

Now as for an actual real spanking experience in my childhood well this was somthing I actually witnessed first hand, I used to try and be out of the house as much as possible, which I think sueted them, as I was only of any use when they were bored and wanted to do feed their sick minds at my expense.

There was a family just around the corner from us, an alcholic mother, a lad my age and a younger sister, they were not the best cared for kids in the school, all their clothes came from the local jumble sales, they very rarely bathed as the hot water in their house relied on a coal burner but because of her drinking they never had any coal, and other kids parents had told their kids to stay clear, given their mothers supposed status around the estate, I suppose it was inevertable that me and him as the school outcast were destined to become freinds and we did, one day we stayed out until well after dark and we had been out all day.

I knew I would be in trouble anyway, if not for staying out then for some other supposed reason, so I decided to walk my freind home first before going home my self to face the music, when we got to his house we went through the back gate and then in through the back door, the house smelled stagnant and unclean and was in darkness but we could hear movement from up stairs, I was just about to make my exit when the living room light came on, I hadn't seen is mother in a drunken state before and she looked terrible, and scary, I was about to leave but she said "O no you don't your responsible for keeping this ******* little ****** out till this hour and now I'll show you what happens to kids that don't respect their ******* mothers"
Then she dragged a tall stool from out of the darkness of the kitchen, my freind was pushed down over it, and she just laid into him with a shoe, he was screeming for her to stop but by now she was like a wild animal, then it ended, my freind was slumped in heap on the floor crying in agony, she just looked at me through the shoe down and said "Go on p*** off home and I hope you get the same"

And that was the first time ever that I witnessed a real life backside thrashing, I didn't escape to lightly when I got home but I think that I have taken up enough space now already.

As I am writing this it's boxing day, and I am sitting in my PJ's wearing a wet nappy, at one time I would have said sadly as I write this I am sitting here in a wet nappy, but fortunately I am married to the most wonderful person in the world, she has been my soal mate for 26yrs and although to the outside world big me is the no nonsense ex squaddie with loads of close mates and a nice life, Little me is allowed to come out and play when ever he wants to, now I can have my pj's and my nappies and go to bed with my teddy bear and just cuddle up and feel safe and loved, I never take this for granted I know how lucky I am and I cherish those moments.

Well I know this as been a long post, but these are my memories of childhood and things that went on as regards spanking and punishment.
Old 12-26-2010
Exalted Poster
Author

roguebfl is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Arcade Tournament Champion 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelo View Post
when my step brother arrived on the scene
Would that not have been your half-brother as you shared a mother rather than step-brother (only related though marrage to a step parent)
Old 12-26-2010
Active Poster

davelo is on a distinguished road
Default EMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
Would that not have been your half-brother as you shared a mother rather than step-brother (only related though marrage to a step parent)
Maybe I,m not really sure, Iv'e never thought a bout it to much, what I will say though is that we get on really well these days, so I don't suppose it matters, what matters more to me is what effects me more is the sort of stuff that I had to endure as a growing kid.